Following initial discussions, the Situation Analysis is how we start most engagements.
The Situation Analysis workshop, which typically runs for 3 hours, commences with an educational session on cutting edge procurement practices that drive real savings and marked supplier performance improvements. We’ll also discuss in broad terms projects we’ve undertaken with organisations similar to yours and how we have helped them achieve their goals.
We will then perform a three step diagnosis:
Diagnostic 1: Understand your customers
- What are the business objectives outlined in your organisations business plan?
- How can procurement deliver against each business objective?
Diagnostic 2: Understand your spend
- Based on your general ledger data we will run high level spend analysis to understand who you are spending money with, how much, when and on what.
- We will then identify where your biggest savings opportunities are.
Diagnostic 3: Understand current capabilities and maturity
- We will ask a series of questions from our better practice comparator to understand the capability of your procurement team, systems and processes.
- We then identify how your function can deliver against the opportunities identified during the Situation Analysis.
On completion, we will provide you with a high-level 3-4-page Situation Analysis (we all love brevity) that aligns procurement’s strategic direction with your overall business strategy. It will outline the short and long-term steps you need to take to ensure your procurement function is best practice and the right fit for your organisation now and into the future.
The only provisos for this workshop (which is no charge) are:
- All attendees read the ‘Procurement Manifesto’
- Your CFO, COO and CPO are present.
- Our travel costs are covered if applicable
If you’d like more information or would like to undertake a Situation Analysis complete the form and we’ll be in contact shortly.